1. Used as a feed additive, copper is a component of ma […]
1. Used as a feed additive, copper is a component of many metal enzymes in animal organisms and is directly involved in energy and material metabolism in the body. Copper is also involved in the osteogenesis process of animals and is closely related to collagen metabolism and melanin production in mitochondria. In addition, an appropriate amount of copper ion can activate pepsin and improve the digestive function of animals. Long-term copper deficiency in animals can cause iron absorption to be blocked and anemia. Excessive copper content in the feed can cause copper accumulation in the liver of the animal, which may have adverse effects on human consumption.
2. Used as an algicide: copper sulfate has a strong killing effect on algae, and aquaculture is commonly used to kill malignant algae such as cyanobacteria. The average concentration of algae killing is 0.8ppm. Due to the large number of algae death, the pond will be deprived of oxygen. Therefore, it should be chosen to be carried out in the sunny morning, and the oxygenation measures should be taken. Some algae will produce toxic algae after death. It is necessary to change the water properly or detoxify the water.
3. Copper sulfate is used as an insecticide: copper ions can destroy the activity of worm enzymes, thereby destroying the metabolism of worms, and can kill a variety of flagellate ciliates and some crustaceans, such as scorpion worms, worms, and slant Pipeworms and other protozoan anchor heads and so on. Generally, copper sulfate is used in combination with ferrous sulfate, and a mixture is prepared in a ratio of 5:2, and 0.5 ppm of copper sulfate is mixed with 0.2 ppm of ferrous sulfate.
4. Copper sulfate is used as a bactericide: Cu2- ions in copper sulphate are heavy metal ions, heavy metal ions can make proteins inactive, and viruses are composed of proteins, so they can kill bacteria and viruses. Copper sulphate is often used in combination with insecticides such as trichlorfon, phoxim, pyrethroids and other insecticidal drugs, which have a good therapeutic effect on bacterial leukemia.