Matters Needing Attention To The Use Of Copper Sulfate

Update:09-07-2020
Summary:

  (1) The toxicity of copper sulfate is proportional to […]

  (1) The toxicity of copper sulfate is proportional to the water temperature, so it should generally be used on a sunny day in the morning, and the amount is relatively reduced according to the water temperature;

  (2), the amount of copper sulfate is proportional to the water body fertility, organic matter and suspended matter content, salinity, PH value, so in the process of use, the appropriate amount should be selected according to the specific situation of the pond;

  (3) Use copper sulfate with caution when the water is alkaline to avoid the formation of copper oxide to poison fish;

  (4) The safe concentration range of copper sulfate for aquatic animals such as fish is small and the toxicity is large (especially for fry), so the dosage should be accurately calculated when used;

  (5) Do not use metal utensils when dissolving, do not use water above 60 ℃, to prevent the loss of drug efficacy, oxygen should be fully-added after the drug is applied, to prevent dead algae from consuming oxygen, affecting water quality, and causing flooding;

  (6). Copper sulfate has certain toxic and side effects (such as hematopoietic function, feeding, and growth, etc.) and residual accumulation, so it cannot be used frequently;

  (7) Avoid the use of copper sulfate in the treatment of melon bugs and powdery mildew.

  Copper sulfate poisoning is mainly caused by the reduction of fish red blood cells and white blood cells, liver and kidney necrosis, and damage to hematopoietic tissues. Once copper sulfate poisoning occurs, new water should be replaced in time, and the whole pool is splashed with water to protect the antidote.

  For more information on industrial-grade copper sulfate, please follow our website!