The free copper ions after dissolving copper sulfate […]
The free copper ions after dissolving copper sulfate in water can destroy the activity of the oxidative restoration enzyme system in the insects, hinder the metabolism of the insects or separate the insects' proteins into protein salts. It has become a common insecticidal and algae-killing drug by many fishermen. However, if it is used improperly, not only will it not be effective in killing insects and curing diseases, but it will affect the growth of the fish and even cause poisoning and death.
Therefore, it is necessary to pay attention to the following matters when using copper sulfate: the toxicity of copper sulfate is directly proportional to the water temperature, so it should generally be used in the morning on a sunny day, and the dosage should be relatively reduced according to the water temperature; the dosage of copper sulfate is related to water fertility, organic matter and suspension The material content, salinity, and PH value are directly proportional, so the appropriate dosage should be selected according to the detailed conditions of the pond during use.
Use copper sulfate with caution when the water body is alkaline, so as not to form copper oxide to poison fish; copper sulfate has a small safe concentration range for fish and other aquatic animals and is more toxic (especially for fry), so it should be calculated accurately when using it. Dosage: Do not use metal utensils when dissolving, and do not use water above 60℃ to prevent loss of efficacy. After administration, oxygen should be adequately increased to avoid dead algae consuming oxygen, affecting water quality, and causing pan ponds.
Copper sulfate has certain toxic effects (such as hematopoietic function, feeding, and growth, etc.) and residual accumulation, so it should not be used frequently; copper sulfate should not be used in the treatment of melon worm disease and powdery mildew. Copper sulfate poisoning mainly causes the reduction of red blood cells and white blood cells in fish, necrosis of the liver and kidney, and destruction of hematopoietic tissues. In the case of copper sulfate poisoning, fresh water should be added in time, and water quality maintenance antidote should be splashed throughout the pool.