Schedule Hazards Of Copper Sulfate

Update:25-03-2021
Summary:

  Health hazards of copper sulfate   Entry route: inhal […]

  Health hazards of copper sulfate

  Entry route: inhalation, ingestion.

  Health hazards: It has a stimulating effect on the gastrointestinal tract. If taken by mistake, it can cause nausea, vomiting, a copper-like smell in the mouth, and heartburn. In severe cases, there are abdominal cramps, hematemesis, and melena. It can cause severe kidney damage and hemolysis, jaundice, anemia, hepatomegaly, hemoglobinuria, acute renal failure, and uremia. Irritating to eyes and skin. Long-term exposure can cause contact dermatitis, irritation of the nose and eye mucosa, and gastrointestinal symptoms.

  toxicity

  Is moderately toxic.

  Acute toxicity: LD50: 300mg/kg (oral for rats)

  Hazardous characteristics: no special combustion and explosion characteristics. Decomposed by high heat to produce toxic sulfide fumes.

  Combustion (decomposition) products: sulfur oxide, copper oxide.

  Leak handling

  Isolate the leaking and contaminated area, and set up warning signs around. Emergency personnel wears gas masks and gloves. Rinse with plenty of water, and put the diluted lotion into the wastewater system. If there is a large amount of leakage, collect and recycle or transport to the disposal site for disposal.

  Protective measures

  Respiratory protection: workers should wear dust masks.

  Eye protection: safety mask can be used.

  Protective clothing: wear work clothes.

  Hand protection: Wear protective gloves when necessary.

  Operation protection: airtight operation, providing sufficient local exhaust. Operators must undergo special training and strictly abide by the operating procedures. It is recommended that operators wear self-priming filter dust masks, chemical safety glasses, anti-poison penetration overalls, and rubber gloves. Avoid generating dust. Avoid contact with acids and alkalis. When handling, load, and unload with care to prevent damage to packaging and containers. Equipped with leakage emergency treatment equipment. Empty containers may be harmful residues.

  Others: Smoking, eating, and drinking are prohibited at the worksite. After work, take a shower and change clothes. Pay attention to personal hygiene. Conduct pre-employment and regular physical examinations.

  first-aid

  Skin contact: Take off contaminated clothing and rinse thoroughly with plenty of running water.

  Eye contact: immediately open the upper and lower eyelids and rinse with running water or normal saline. Seek medical attention.

  Inhalation: quickly leave the scene to a place with fresh air. Give oxygen when breathing is difficult. Seek medical attention.

  Ingestion: If ingested by mistake, use 0.1% potassium ferrocyanide or sodium thiosulfate for gastric lavage. Give milk or egg white and seek medical attention.