What Are The Dangers Of Copper Sulfate?


  The risks of copper sulfate still exist. The main thi […]

  The risks of copper sulfate still exist. The main thing to know is what are the precautions for copper sulfate?

  Health hazard intrusion route: inhalation, ingestion. Health hazards: It has a stimulating effect on the gastrointestinal tract. If taken by mistake, it can cause nausea, vomiting, a copper-like smell in the mouth, and heartburn. In severe cases, abdominal cramps, hematemesis, and melena may occur. It can cause severe kidney damage and hemolysis, jaundice, anemia, hepatomegaly, hemoglobinuria, acute renal failure, and uremia. Irritating to eyes and skin. Long-term exposure can cause contact dermatitis, irritation of the nose and eye mucosa, and gastrointestinal symptoms. Toxicological information: Toxicity: moderate toxicity. Acute toxicity: LD50: 300mg/kg (rat oral); 33mg/kg (mouse abdominal cavity) Hazard characteristics: no special combustion and explosion characteristics. Decomposed by high heat to produce toxic sulfide fumes. Combustion (decomposition) products: sulfur oxide, copper oxide.

  Leakage treatment isolates the contaminated area of ​​the leak, with warning signs around. Emergency personnel wears gas masks and gloves. Rinse with plenty of water, and put the diluted lotion into the wastewater system. If there is a large amount of leakage, collect and recycle or discard after harmless treatment.

  Protective measures Respiratory protection: Workers should wear dust masks. Eye protection: safety mask can be used. Protective clothing: wear work clothes. Hand protection: Wear protective gloves when necessary. Others: Smoking, eating, and drinking are prohibited at the worksite. After work, take a shower and change clothes. Pay attention to personal hygiene. Conduct pre-employment and regular physical examinations.